Molly B. F. Walls
Molly B. F. Walls joined the firm in July 2017 as of Counsel. She specializes in domestic and international estate planning, estate administration and in related areas of federal and state tax law, including estate and gift tax, generation-skipping transfer tax, and charitable planning.
Molly has experience with drafting wills and trusts, including insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor trusts, charitable remainder and lead trusts, and related instruments. She has provided counseling in estate and gift taxation, tax planning, and family business succession planning. She also has experience with administering estates in New York, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Before joining the firm, Molly was a Member of McArthur Franklin PLLC in the District of Columbia (now known as Franklin Karibjanian & Law PLLC). Prior to that, she was Of Counsel at Arent Fox in the District of Columbia. She began her legal career as an associate at Davis Polk and Wardwell in New York.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning Law
- Estate Administration
- Federal Income, Estate, and Gift Tax Law
- Harvard-Radcliffe University, B.A. in English & American Literature & Languages, 1983
- University of Virginia Law School, J.D., 1987 (Law Review; Editor, Articles Review Board)
- New York, 1988
- Maryland, 1992
- District of Columbia, 1994
- Virginia, 2011
- Virginia State Bar (Wills, Trusts, & Estates Section and Taxation Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Estates, Trusts & Probate Law Section and Taxation Section)
- Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
- Maryland State Bar Association (Estate & Trust Law Section and Taxation Section)
- Named one of Washington, D.C.’s Best Financial Advisers/Estate Attorneys (chosen by peers) in Washingtonian Magazine in 2016
- State Death Tax Planning, Trusts & Estates, September 2011, Co-Authored with Richard S. Franklin, Esq.
- Wills, Trusts and Estates for the D.C. Area Practitioner, Assistant for 2011, 2012, and 2013 Updates, Author for 2014-2017
- District of Columbia Practice Manual, 2013 Edition, Contributor to the Wills and Estates Section
- Donee Selection and Practical Considerations Under Formula Allocation Clauses, Tax Management’s Estates, Gifts & Trusts Journal, November 2011, Co-Authored with Richard S. Franklin, Esq. and David M. Bradt, Jr., Esq.